Jewelry Care Instructions
JEWELRY CARE & PRESERVATION:
Your Deux Mains jewelry has been made from the finest and most sustainable materials we could responsibly source. Please learn more about how to care for your precious pieces that were made with love and made to last.
Gold-tone plating on brass will eventually wear over time. However, with proper care, your piece can maintain the original finish for longer.
To care for your jewelry:
- Avoid wearing in excessive heat or humid conditions
- Avoid contact with water and/or sweat
- Avoid exposure to perfumes, lotions and household cleaning products
- Store in a dry space, in plastic or a cloth bag
- After wear, use a soft cloth or cotton ball to gently rub off oils, dust or dirt collected from the day
CLEANING YOUR JEWELRY:
When your jewelry starts to lose its beautiful shine, there are several ways you can keep it looking gorgeous.
GOLD FILLED FINISHED BRASS:
- After wear use soft cloth or cotton ball to gently rub off oils, dust or dirt.
- If your jewelry is really tarnished, you can use a mix of baking soda, lemon juice, and water. Scrub with a soft cloth or toothbrush, wipe off, and dry.
- For a nice finish after cleaning, buff your jewelry with a soft cloth.
14 KARAT GOLD:
- You can try a non-abrasive jewelry cleaner or mild soap and water on your metal jewelry. Always make sure to wipe off with water and dry your jewelry completely after cleaning.
- Do not use any products that contain alcohol, this can ruin the finish.
- Wipe your horn jewelry off with a soft, dry cloth or for a darker, shinier look, try a cloth with a little coconut oil.
- Avoid dipping or drenching them in liquids.
JASPER & OTHER BEADS:
- Simply wipe off with a damp cloth and a little bit of soap.